In the various countries in which we operate, Saint-Gobain attempts to make a positive contribution to the general good. As a responsible organisation, through the Saint-Gobain Foundation we donate time, financial funds or even building materials to social projects. We make a commitment to the modernization of school buildings and thus also bring the next generations into contact with sustainable construction.
The Saint-Gobain Foundation “Initiatives”
As a result of its position as a leading supplier on the home living markets, Saint-Gobain also bears the responsibility in certain sectors and in harmony with the corporate strategy to become involved in voluntary projects. The foundation of the international corporate foundation “Saint-Gobain Initiatives” in 2009 was based on this concern. The foundation can take over financing of clearly defined missions or make the required technical competence available.
It addresses primarily those employees in the group of companies who themselves introduce a project:
- in the form of project suggestions
- as a godfather of the project,
- through the provision of know-how or technical competence which may be helpful for the evaluation, execution and supervision of the selected projects.
Type of project:
The foundation promotes local initiatives in connection with the construction of residential property which belong in one of its areas of application. They are:
- measures for the vocational training of young people
- construction or renovation projects of buildings for persons in distress or
- projects in which the concept of high energy efficiency or quality of the environment is realized in these buildings.
A project example from Austria is the modernization of the childrens home Pro Juventute near Salzburg Foundation Project Austria
A project example from Belgium is the new building of a youth centre in Leuven. Foundation Project Belgium