The Innovative Materials sector has a unique portfolio with a wealth of materials and processes for
applications in the area of home living and work and for industry.
As the technological leader of the Saint-Gobain Group, the sector division relies on an important
The innovative technologies within the sector are broken down into three material families: ceramics,
polymers and glass-fibre reinforcement.
The flat glass activity within the main sector of Innovative Materials has a portfolio of highly
efficient products in the area of energy efficiency, environmental protection, safety, comfort and
The eight activities within the main sector are:
High-performance synthetic materials
- Synthetic materials
- Textile solutions (Glass-fibre reinforcement)
- Flat glass production
- Processing of flat glass for the construction industry and domestic appliances.
- Processing of flat glass for motor vehicles and other means of transport.
- Solutions for the solar area
In all these activities, we are either world market leader or at least European market leader.
- Every third house in Europe is equipped with insulating glass from Saint-Gobain.
- Every second car in Europe is equipped with Saint-Gobain Sekurit glass.