- A cover letter that refers to the intended internship or job and our company.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in tabular form.
- All relevant certificates.
- A current picture of oneself.
Frequently Asked Questions
What has to be included in an application?
What is important in a CV?
A complete curriculum vitae in tabular form gives us a fast overview of your academic and professional career. It is therefore important to have a clear overview, to include all important stations and to briefly explain any gaps.
Which is better? An online application or a classic written application?
Saint-Gobain is an innovative company with a close electronic network. We can therefore process online applications faster and easier. Of course, we are also receptive to applications in paper form.
- Online application: The best way is to fill out our online application form. You have the option of inserting a covering letter and attaching certificates, CV and photo (please only in PDF format with a maximum size of 4 MB).
- Application on paper: Folders or staplers structure your documents and protect them at the same time. We process your application electronically. Therefore, please do not staple your documents together, make sure that copies are easy to read and that the documents are printed on one side.
I have difficulties with the online questionnaire. Who can I contact?
Which chances do short applications have?
Short applications have a chance if the job advertisement explicitly refers to this. Otherwise: A complete, detailed application is preferable to a short application.
What is particularly important to Saint-Gobain?
- We expect you to be initiative, willing to perform and, above all, open to new ideas.
- We are looking for personalities with a profile who are open-minded with one another - i.e. who enjoy teamwork - and are able to think beyond borders.
- We are looking for employees who can easily communicate in English. Another foreign language (preferably French) would be advantageous.
- We are looking for graduates from all fields of study, preferably mechanical engineering, economics, process engineering, chemistry, physics.
Do I have to know a foreign language?
Saint-Gobain is an international group with global businesses. It is therefore a distinct advantage to have knowledge of our working languages English and French. However, if German is the main language at your workplace and there is no contact with foreign customers, foreign language skills are not a necessity.
Which significance do the grades have?
Grades are an important criterion for the selection of applicants, as well as language skills, internships, etc. Of course, we also consider the differences between the schools and know that grades also depend on the daily form.
Can I submit my final certificate afterwards?
Yes, if there's no other option, it can be done without any problems. If so, please note in your application that it will be submitted later.
How is the selection process managed?
Applications for specific positions are examined locally by the personnel departments of the subsidiaries. Unsolicited applications and applications for the "Global Player" trainee programme are examined by the Human Resources Department of Saint-Gobain Germany in Aachen. We have a close exchange with our subsidiaries in order to find a suitable job for you. If the assessment is positive, you will then be invited for an interview. The further procedure differs depending on the position.
I've applied - what happens next?
We will check whether you are suitable for the advertised position or another position at Saint-Gobain. If the assessment is positive, we will invite you to an interview. The rest of the process varies from job to job.
Questions about internships and theses
Are internships at Saint-Gobain remunerated?
Whether an internship is remunerated and to what extent is determined by the Saint-Gobain subsidiary offering an internship.
When should I apply, for example, as an intern or trainee?
If possible, two to six months in advance.
Can I also do an internship beyond the (semester) holidays?
Yes, this is possible.
Can I propose a specific topic for a thesis?
Yes, the more concrete your ideas are, the easier it is to determine how both sides can benefit from your project.